A light, heavenly souffle omelette with some of the worlds best cheese and prosciutto - what are you waiting for?!
Ingredients (serves one)
- 3 large eggs, whites and yolks separated
- salt and freshly milled black pepper
- 10g butter
- 60g Grana Padano, grated
- 1 tbsp freshly snipped chives
- 25g Val Vigezzo ham, cut into strips
- 1. Preheat the grill.
- 2. Beat the egg yolks with a fork and season well.
- 3. Place the egg white in a clean, grease-free bowl and whisk to soft peaks.
- 4. Melt the butter in a heated omelette pan.
- 5. Quickly fold the egg whites into the yolks using a metal spoon and sprinkle in half the grated Grana Padano and snipped chives.
- 6. When the butter is foaming pour the egg mixture into the pan. Let it cook for 1 minute.
- 7. Sprinkle with half the remaining cheese and the strips of ham and cook under the grill for another minute, until it is puffy and golden.
- 8. Loosen the edges with a palette knife, fold the omelette in half and slide onto a plate. Sprinkle with the remaining cheese to serve.
Leave a comment
Comments will be approved before showing up.