A wonderful salad that balances sweet, salty, sour and savory - perfect for a light summer lunch.
Ingredients (Serves 2)
- 2-3 cups baby spinach
- 1 crunchy apple, preferably a Honeycrisp or Fuji, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup raw cashews
- 10-12 very thin slices of duck prosciutto
- 1 small shallot, minced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 2 teaspoons pure maple syrup
- sea salt and fresh ground black pepper- to taste
- Toss the salad ingredients in a medium bowl
- In a smaller bowl, mix the dressing ingredients (minced shallot, olive oil, rice vinegar and maple syrup) and pour over the salad. Mix well
- Sprinkle with sea salt and freshly ground black pepper before serving, if desired
Leave a comment
Comments will be approved before showing up.